Thursday, April 25, 2013

Blogging in the Classroom

I will definitely use some sort of internet tool to communicate with parents and students when I am a teacher. I love looking at art teacher blogs to get ideas for lesson plans. Hopefully I can make a blog that has lots of great images of the student work to share with the world wide web. Students will love seeing their work online and parents will love finding out what is going on in the classroom. Keeping a blog could also help me with keeping up with ideas for lesson planning.
Hopefully by having an online avenue for parent/teacher communication, I can get some more involvement form parents that may be too busy to come in from conferences. Some parents may feel more inclined to reach out if they are kept in the loop on the blog.
I would also like for my blog to be a place where I can show students different artists that I would like them to learn about. I can post paintings and information about the artists and students can comment their opinions on the paintings.
Blogging is a great tool for teachers/parents/students to share information and ideas with one another and I will definitely be using it in my future classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment